Iron Mine Contracting provides civil, mining, crushing, screening, and indigenous partnering opportunities to the Australian market. With extensive experience working in remote locations, and a deep body of knowledge, IMC has been delivering projects to mining companies like Rio Tinto, Woodside Petroleum, Northern Star Resources FMG, Roy Hill, Novo Resources, Saracen Minerals and Newcrest Mining, amongst others, since 2013.
Like many organisations, Iron Mine Contracting had been working with multiple disparate Excel spreadsheets to produce their monthly Project forecasting and reporting. Information was manually extracted from multiple reports in Pronto, which made it difficult to consolidate and present in a meaningful way. The absence of a centralised solution resulted in:
- Manual forecasting, consolidation and project reporting using spreadsheets
- No version control resulting in data inaccuracies and inconsistencies
- Lack of visibility and collaboration to keep track of timelines and outstanding tasks during the forecast cycle
With a clear understanding of Iron Mine’s challenges, Forest Grove leveraged Power BI, Prophix and Connected Services to deliver a centralised, secure and scalable data integration and analytical solution.
The IMC Executive, Operations and Finance teams are now able to efficiently collaborate over timely data with the appropriate context and commentary, generating meaningful insights and supporting informed decision-making.
- Streamlined and automated forecasting, consolidation and monthly reporting;
- Intuitive dashboards and visualisations enabling informed and confident decision-making;
- Transparent application of business logic and data transformation rules;
- Internal SMEs are empowered to create their own reports & visualisations whenever they need it;
- Transactional drill through into actual and committed costs enables managers to confidently submit weekly adjustments;
- Commitment to continuous improvement – producing more value from IMC data assets.